Internet Safety Guidelines
Using the Internet safely at school
- Always use the programmes and websites that you have been asked to.
- If you see anything on the Internet that upsets you or you think is wrong, then minimise the screen (do not close or delete it because we want to know where it came from) and tell the adult in charge of your class/club.
Using the Internet safely at home
- If you see anything on the Internet that upsets you, then minimise the screen (do not close or delete it because the adults will want to know where it came from) and tell your parent/carer.
- Always ask a parent/carer if you can join a website that requires a user name. If your parent/carer allows you to create a user a name then always use a nickname; not your real name.
- As a child, you should never give information about yourself over the Internet. If it is needed, your parents will help you.
- As a child, you should always get a parent/carer's permission before you send any pictures or e-mails.
- If anyone asks to meet you over the Internet, you must talk to a parent/carer straight away; even if it is a friend or relative.
- Always be polite and kind.